Vehicle Ride Comfort and Acoustics I
- Typ: lecture English spoken
The lecture will take place hybrid at Campus East, building 70.04, room 219 and as ZOOM-Livestream.
The lecture will start on 21.04.2022, 14:00.
ID: 657 8119 2358
identification code: 749439
Link to the ZOOM meeting
- Beginn: April 21, 2022
- SWS: 2
- LVNr.: 2114856
The students are familiar with the basics of sound and vibration. They know how they are generated, how they are perceived by human beings, and which requirements are given by vehicle users and the society. Using the example of ride comfort, student have get to know basic approaches to reduce noise and vibration by an appropriate combination of elastic, damping, and inertial elements. They are ready to apply different tools and procedures, to do calculative and experimental analysis of dynamic vehicle systems and to interpret the results adequately.
1. Perception of sound and vibration
2. Fundamentals of acoustics and vibration
3. Tools and methods for measurement, calculation, simulation, and analysis of sound and vibration
If possible, an excursion will be offered which gives insights in the development practice of a car manufacturer or a system supplier.
1. Zeller P (Ed.), Handbuch Fahrzeugakustik, Springer Vieweg, Wiesbaden 2018
2. Russel C. Hibbeler, Engineering Mechanics: Dynamics, Pearson, Munich 2017
3. Mitschke M, Wallentowitz H, Dynamik der Kraftfahrzeuge, Springer Vieweg, Wiesbaden 2014
The lectures „Vehicle Ride Comfort and Acoustics I“ and „Vehicle Ride Comfort and Acoustics II“ can be attended both, separate or combined. A visit of part I is not required to attend part II.
The script will be supplied in the lectures.